To keep the accounts of the Circle Dance Friends Company Ltd.
- Liaise with the Cooperative Bank, informing them of changes of directors and authorised
signatories, and updating the bank mandate as necessary.
- Collate all information about receipts and payments and record these appropriately
using double entry bookkeeping, ensuring the entries match the bank statements.
- Issues cheques as required on behalf of the Company, obtaining two signatures for cheques
- Ensure the supply of chequebooks, paying-in books and pre-paid envelopes to appropriate
- Instruct new signatories on using the account and contacting the bank.
- Advise appropriate members of the Grapevine and Easter Gathering teams of the
practicalities and uses of the budget and how to claim expenses.
- Prepare a budget of Company activities for the year ahead and present it to the directors
at the autumn meeting.
- Supply figures to the accountant for the preparation of the annual accounts and Directors
Report and circulate copies of these to the directors at least 21 days before the Annual
General Meeting of the Company at the Easter Gathering.
- Prepare copies of the accounts signed by the Company Secretary for Companies House and the
Inland Revenue. These submissions are a legal requirement.
- Present a brief summary of the accounts at the AGM and answer any questions arising.
- Securely retain the accounting archive.
The Treasurer is a director of the Company for legal, financial and practical reasons and is
expected to attend company meetings. If unable to attend, updated figures of Company accounts must
be sent to directors prior to the meeting.
The role is held for a minimum of two and a maximum of four years.
Updated by Ann McQueen July 2010