Company Secretary Guidelines
To liaise with Companies House on behalf of the Circle Dance Friends Company Limited and to
meet all legal requirements, i.e. to be Secretary and provide the Registered Address, which
shall appear on all business correspondence and on a plaque outside the registered address.
Legal Duties as required by Companies House
- Inform Companies House of all changes in names, addresses or other details of directors,
new appointments and resignations.
- File the Annual Return with Companies House with the relevant fee at the end of October,
online or by post. (NB failure to return this document on time is a criminal offence.)
- Deal promptly with all correspondence with Companies House.
- Keep all records of the company available for inspection at the registered address,
including lists of the directors, minutes of meetings and all other documents relevant to
- Write and present the Annual Report to the Annual General Meeting, at the Easter
Gathering or elsewhere within two weeks of Easter if the Gathering should not take place
for whatever reason.
- Write any letters, or act on behalf of the company as required by the directors.
The Company Secretary is a director of the Company for legal, financial and practical
reasons and is expected to attend the meetings. The role of Company Secretary is held for a
minimum of two and a maximum of four years.
Revised July 2010